The Global Citizen Fellowship Program is back this year and is waiting on your application! Beyoncé’s BeyGOOD and Tyler Perry are the driving force behind this program. It is an in-depth work experience opportunity aimed at skills development and empowering African youth. Over the last three years, Global Citizen and BeyGOOD have been helping to enrich young lives through this Africa-based fellowship program.
Since 2018, Global Citizen has welcomed ten fellows from South Africa to be part of the program. It sees them receive hands-on training, skills development, and work experience. For this year’s fellowship program, Global Citizen will be accepting another ten fellows from South Africa and five from Nigeria to be part of the year-long experience. Participants will be provided with the skills and resources needed to help them secure work beyond their time with Global Citizen. The curriculum is designed to equip fellows with the skills and tools they need to thrive — not only during their time with Global Citizen but also in future endeavours.
The fellows will be trained on:
- Using digital technology for social change
- Creating impactful storytelling that shifts attitudes
- The importance of building lasting professional relationships
- The role of innovation in a constantly changing world
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for the fellowship, you have to:
- Be based in South Africa or Nigeria
- Be between the ages of 21 and 25
- Have a matric or secondary school certificate
Applicants must be able to house themselves in Johannesburg or Lagos for the duration of the program.
What Do You Have To Do?
To apply, send a two to three-minute video explaining:
- What makes you a Global Citizen?
- What role you believe young people play in ending extreme poverty?
- Which social issues you are taking action on?
If you prefer writing, you can send a 500-700-word essay answering the same questions.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of your ID or passport. If you are a minority and are part of a underrepresented community, you are strongly encouraged to apply.
April 1 – June 4, 2021.
The program will run from July 5, 2021, to June 20, 2022.
For more information, please visit the Global Citizen application page.