With all the grocery shopping and present wrapping, prepping your skin in the holiday season is probably the last thing on your mind. However, it can be one of the greatest gifts you give yourself this December.
Beauty is a multi-billion-dollar global industry that is constantly evolving. It is forever providing us with the latest innovations to look and feel our best. However, with the economy looking the way it does right now – dismal – you may be finding it hard to splurge on the ‘nice to haves’ as much as we’d like to. “Luckily, there is light at the end of the tunnel,” says Su-Marie Annandale brand manager for Clere skincare. “Keeping your skin healthy and beautiful does not always mean having to spend large sums of money on the latest skincare products.”
She adds that there are many simple, affordable and easy elements that you can incorporate into your health and skincare routines that will work towards beautiful looking skin.
5 top tips for beautifully radiant skin
1. Taking care of your skin from the inside out is very important. You need to be mindful that you are drinking enough water throughout the day. Hydration is the 1st step to a more radiant you!
2. Exfoliate! Exfoliate! Exfoliate! This needs to be done, ideally, twice a week. This removes dead skin cells from your body and leaves your skin prepped and ready to absorb moisturiser. Creating your own body scrub is cost effective. Feel free to customise it to your skin concerns by adding either of the following to your body lotion or crème:
- Salt helps relax your muscles
- Sugar is gentler on your skin
- Ground coffee, due to its caffeine content, helps constrict blood vessels
- Oatmeal is the gentlest exfoliant and softens your skin while hydrating it
- Add your favourite essential oils to help relax, soothe, or energise. Once finished applying rinse off in the shower.
3. Avoid baths that are too hot as this can dry out your skin.
4. Apply a nourishing body lotion or crème, ideally, to your slightly damp skin. Clere’s range of crèmes and lotions consist of four unique formulations to suit all skin needs:
- Pure Glycerine Crème
- Triple Glycerine
- Tissue oil and Pure Glycerine
- Glycerine Gel
All four formulations provide 48-hour moisturisation and contain Vitamins E & A which are gentle, yet effective.
5. Lastly, sleep is vital. It is called ‘beauty sleep’ for a reason. When you sleep your body has time to repair and recover. Not only will you wake up with a glowing complexion, but you will also encourage your body to generate collagen, which helps fight wrinkles.
While the fountain of youth may never be found, by implementing these tips into your routine, it will help you look youthful and feel beautiful, Annandale concludes.