Candi&Co. once again joins forces with the digital beauty community and hosts of the boldest beauty festival in South Africa, Beauty Revolution 2020.
Beauty Revolution 2020 will see the digital beauty community come together to experience the latest beauty trends. Join masterclasses and plus many more. Beauty lovers will have the opportunity to meet and greet their favourite make-up artists, bloggers, insta stars, hairstylists, engage with beauty start-ups, plus many more. Last year, over 20 000 beauty fans attended, and organisers are expecting an even bigger crowd this year.
Running from the 13th to 14th March at Sandton Convention Centre, the Candi&Co. hair and beauty salon promises to delight festival-goers with a range of services that include: daily master-classes, panel discussions, pre-glam spoils, competitions, free hair and beauty services, after-parties, an influencer take over and a trend talent search! All this for South Africa’s hair and beauty aficionados.
“This year Candi&Co. at Beauty Revolution is about empowerment, experience and entertainment. We feel truly privileged and grateful to partner with leading brands that stay true to this and are dedicated to the growth and empowerment of South Africans.” said founder and MD of Candi&Co, Candice Thurston. Catch Candice at the hair master-classes and Future of Beauty panel on both days.
The Candi&Co Gig Guide – Saturday 13th to Sunday 14th March 2020
- The ‘Candi&Co. x MTN GLAMBOX’ is where beauty and technology merge to create a pop-up salon which offers free beauty and hair services plus R100 complimentary vouchers. Attendees will be kept hydrated with Aqua Air water, pure drinking water made from air and a delicious candi-counter.
- Candi&Co. introduces their very first hair master-classes featuring the one and only Nadia Nakia, who will be joined by Naturalista industry leaders Danni Bowler, Katlego Tefu, and wig master Xola Madube.
- Candi&Co. will be launching the 2020 Trend Talent Search. Aspiring trend analysts, make-up artists, hairstylists, influencers, photographers and creative directors are invited to try and secure their place on The 2020 Candi&Co. Trend Report.
- This year’s report will be the 3rd edition following on from the 2017 Trend Report which was edited by Boity Thulo and the 2019 report which was edited by Nadia Nakia.
- The Candi-Tribe will receive goodie bags that include products from MoroccanOil, Tangle Teezer, Invisi-bobble, Ladine, Design Essentials, Batiste, Mizani and a R200 Candi&Co. Foschini Fourways voucher.
- For the party people, Candi&Co. will be hosting the official after parties at Sandton’s award-winning restaurant and bar Saint.
Last but certainly not least, Candi&Co. is also celebrating their partnership with The Foschini Group. In August 2019, Foschini partnered with Candi&Co. to launch the very first ever instore hair and beauty salons. Over and above improved accessibility, Foschini customers can now access high-value beauty and hair services such as brows, hair, braids, wigs, facials and more on their Foschini account. Even more exciting is respected salon brands like Mizani, Redken, MoroccanOil, Design Essentials, ELEMIS, OPI and your wigs and bundles can now be easily purchased from selected Foschini stores. The Candi&Co store is now a full-service beauty boutique consisting of 6 hair stations, 3 nails stations and a therapy room for facials, waxing and massages. Further Candi&Co. pop-up stores were also launched in Foschini stores in Sandton and Mall of Africa in December 2019 with selected nail & wig service stores.
“This partnership aims to open up the industry to all who want to look and feel beautiful without the barriers of income and location. We had been watching Candi&Co. for many years and we were impressed by their vision of revolutionising the hair industry by de-racialising hair and beauty, giving woman of all races a premium expert experience. This matched our culture of creating a unique experience for our Foschini consumer. This collaboration is one we are very excited about and look forward to rolling out in our group.” said Antenocia Gitzner, Foschini head of Cosmetics.